If you asked any PC gamer what are the best speakers for gaming they are likely to tell you the best gaming keypads. As much as headsets offer true immersion in the gaming experience, they are bulky and can be replaced with the best pc gaming speakers which can be cranked up to maximum volume without losing the quality of sound.
However, there are many types of computer speakers in the market, making the process of buying one very delicate. Same as better gaming consoles, good gaming speakers gives you a competitive edge when playing in a competitive environment.
On this article, we shall review what to look for when looking for best gaming speakers that provide good quality and distinct sounds. Additionally, we shall explore what features you should look for when selecting the best gaming speakers.
Best Gaming Speakers 2019
1. Bose Companion 2 Series III
Bose speakers are one of the best speakers for gaming. The Bose delivers your gaming sound in a unique digital signal that is consistently clear at any volume level. The Bose Companion has the following features.
- It has a high-quality audio performance, with a clear, precise sound at any volume.
- This is one of the basic requirements for any gaming speaker if you want to hear background sounds and other low pitch sounds in the game.
- The Bose has a full life-like sound that is delivered by two elegant speakers.
- The volume control buttons are located at the front side of the right speaker. This makes it easy to access the speaker without having to stretch your hand for long distances.
- The Bose has a full sound stage.
- The sound is delivered in a surround Stereo like manner which fills the whole room giving the players the entire gaming experience.
- They are spacious and lifelike.
- They are simple to set up and easy listening. Everything that is needed is in the box. You do not require any help of manual to set it up.
- Auxiliary input to connect the Bose to an external source. You can connect the speakers to an external audio source such as your iPhone and iPad.
- 3.5 mm minijack stereo input to plug in your gaming console.
- Dimensions and weight Right speaker: 7.5” Height 3.1” Width 5.9“ Depth (2.3lbs)
Left Speaker: 7.5” Height 3.1” Width 5.9“Depth (1.8lbs)
- Inputs/Outputs Aux input Headphone jack
Pros and Cons
The Boss Companion is a one of the best speakers for gaming for any gamer. Its sound quality is unmatched. For the case of a short Aux cable, you can always upgrade to a longer one.
2. Cyber Acoustics CA-3602A
Cyber Acoustics CA-3602A is one of the best gaming speaker has the following features
- Sixty-two watts RMS power which provides rich, enjoyable sound that fills a large room.
- Two satellite speakers with clear mid and highs.
- They are magnetically shielded to provide a crisp, clean, and clear stereo separation sound.
- A wood cabinet that is tuned acoustically with a side subwoofer that delivers a clear, compelling, and well-balanced sound.
- The subwoofer delivers a substantial, deep thunderous experience. This takes your gaming experience to a whole new level.
- A control pod which makes it easy for you to have full command of the sound system of the speaker.
- This pod allows you to; switch the speaker on and off, control the master volume and the bass volume.
- The pod has a headphone output jack and an aux input jack.
- You can connect your gaming console through the auxiliary port.
- Guaranteed quality. Mostly comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty. It has a power supply of 110 volts.
- Each satellite speaker has 6 watts and 4-ohm output.
Pros and Cons
The speaker is not ideal for gaming due to its shaky bass when tuned to a high volume. Most games are played best at a high volume. So, this can be considered as the best budget gaming speaker due to it’s how cost.
3. Logitech Z906
This 5.1 channel cinema speaker is primarily built for gaming and PC. It has a range of connection capabilities and features. The speaker has a set of five small satellite speakers and a powerful subwoofer which when they are put together, they blend an impressive 500W of sound power. The Identical satellite speaker plus their grey color makes them look techy, and a must have for a total gaming experience. Each satellite speaker faces upwards and has a screw hole on the back which allows you to mount them on the wall. There is a dedicated speaker at the center which is horizontally placed. The
subwoofer has a cube shape with an audio decoder and a 165 Watts system amplifier that allows all of the system’s connections. The amplifier has the following features:
- Three audio inputs- two optical inputs and one coaxial input. This helps you to connect multiple sources at the same time. You can connect your DVD player, your gaming console and iPad.
- The speaker has a six-channel input for connecting your PC. This allows you to play your PC games directly with the speaker.
- It has a 3.5 mm input for mp3 players and other relatable players.
- A supplied desktop control console.
- Possesses a Dolby Digital and DTS decoding.
- Three digital inputs.
Pros and Cons
The speaker has one coaxial input and two optical inputs at the back. This makes it possible to connect your game console. We can conclude and say the speaker one of the best gaming speaker providing a great gaming experience.
4. Avantree SP750
The avantree has a powerful 10 W sound, 2.0 Channels, Bluetooth 4.0, and Universal Compatibility with most devices. Other key features that make Avantree SP750 best speakers for gaming include:
- Wireless and wired connection capabilities.
- The speaker supports Bluetooth with Bluetooth version 4.0 and Auxiliary connection.
- You can switch from one playing mode to the other by one click.
- The wireless connectivity has a range of 10 meters.
- Voltage charge of 12 Volts.
- The speaker output is 10 Watts.
- The speaker weight is 2.8 lb. or 1.280 Kilograms.
- Has an amazing surround sound.
- The speaker has powerful 10W speakers and 2.0 channels that produce a full range of sound.
- The speaker is compatible with most devices such as a desktop, laptop, tablet, phones, and gaming console.
- The speaker is easy to use.
- You can easily control the speaker with a panel that gives you control to the volume, headphone jack for your private listening.
- It comes with an AC adapter. The speaker has a 24 months warranty.
Pros and Cons
This is a small speaker that can be good for the low-level gaming experience. For those seeking to have a great gaming experience with surround sound and deep bass then they might get disappointed by the Avantree SP750.
5. Razer Leviathan
These bad boys are entirely new and different take on gaming speakers. They are bar speakers that are most suited for PC gaming. With an enhanced sound that surrounds the room, this virtual surround sound allows you to hear everything happening around you clearly, especially when gaming with PC. Below are some of the features of the Razer Leviathan;
- They have a sound system that features the 5.1 channel that is ideal for PC gamers.
- Its rich mids and highs make it perfect for more than just games.
- Cutting-edge Dolby technology advanced and dedicated sound drivers
- 5.25-inch dedicated subwoofer
- aptX technology that allows Razer Leviathan to connect wireless through Bluetooth.
- The system requires a device with a port measuring 3.5mm
- Built-in technology allows a quick pairing, and it can recall previously connected devices
Pros and Cons
The company says that the speaker uses Dolby tech, a sub and exceptional which make it deliver the amazing surround sound. We recommend that you buy this gaming speaker if you can afford it, you will not regret it one bit.
What To Look In Gaming Speakers?
When looking selecting a speaker for gaming, we tend to use the same criteria used to find other kinds of electronics; preference and cost. The preference of the user and their budget constraints are primary factors that determine what speakers most individuals will buy. However, this is not an ideal standard
since these factors vary significantly from person to person.
Generally, a good speaker meant for gaming should have a heavy bass sound and have enough volume. These are some of the key features that a customer can keep in mind when identifying an ideal gaming speaker.
As much as a speaker may appear attractive or have a fancy advertisement, what matters are the specs which are numbers written on the side of the container box.
This is known as the RMS. It does not necessarily reflect the quality of sound, but it gives a rough estimate of how powerful the speakers are and how well they can hold a high volume. Speakers with low output power tend to distort sound when then the volume is high.
• 2.0 VS 2.1
When determining the quality of a speaker, it is imperative to understand that there are high and low frequencies of sound. Subwoofers produce a lot of basses (low frequency) compared to regular speakers. Therefore, they will have a more punchy sound that is required to improve the gaming experience. The set up referred to as 2.1 channel contains just two small remote speakers and one sub whereas the 2.0 is just the basic two speaker monitors. We recommend that you choose the 2.1 set up over the 2.0 if you are impressed with immersion and quality sound.
There are approximately three ways to connect the speakers to your gaming device; analog, digital, and wireless. None of either has better quality compared to the other. However, a wireless connection is less bulky and does not have the risk of cable breakage. It is crucial to assess the auxiliary port of the gaming device to pick the best cables whether the 5mm for regular desktop speakers or the optical cables for more Hi-fi speakers.
The sound bar is a new type of technology in the sound industry meant for computer gamers. These bars are multiple speakers stacked and packed inside a bar to imitate the technology. The best gaming sound should at least be close to a 5.1 channel system.
This factor is often not considered by most speaker buyers, and they end up getting speakers that are either too loud or not loud enough. The former sounds better, but it is a waste of money that could have been used to get a better quality speaker that is not as powerful but has better depth in sound. Every speaker set up has minimum range and separation; 2.1, 4.1, and 5.1 speakers all have different specifications of room size.
Good Gaming Headphones
Headphones are the best alternative to a good gaming speaker. Despite their bulky gaming, they are portable, and one can use them to listen to music via their iPod or phone when not in the gaming room. Additionally, good headphones are considerably cheaper compared to the best gaming speakers in the market.
Let us look at some of the gaming speakers in the market.
Above are some of the few but definitely the best gaming speaker of 2019. In gaming, the sound is as important as graphics in bringing the game to life. The perfect sound system will certainly take your gaming experience to another level. New games with new audio technology and sophisticated surround sound require good gaming speakers for you to enjoy the full experience. Every sound in the game, even the background score must be audible.